UPDATE 2: Highway 29 is now open as of 9:40 PM.
UPDATE 1: Hwy 29 is reduced to single lane alternating traffic as of 8:15 pm. Expect delays.
FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Motorists be advised that Highway 29 north of Fort St. John is currently closed at this time due to a fatal crash.
Fort St. John RCMP say a 23 year-old man has died following a collision on a motorcycle. The accident occurred between 4 pm and 6 pm this evening.
Police are asking that if you witnessed the crash to contact them at 250-787-8100.
Estimated time of opening is 10:30 pm. Keep updated using DriveBC.ca. No detour.
RCMP details below…
Highway 29, near Bennett Rd, is closed in both directions. Fort St John RCMP are currently investigating a
fatal collision involving a motorcycle. The collision claimed the life of a 23 year old man.
The highway will
remain closed until further notice. The incident took place between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm. If you witnessed the
accident and have not spoken to police, RCMP are asking you to call 250-787-8100.
- Canada Wide Warrant issued for Prince George man… October 11, 2019
- Police seek two males in connection to the death of Gregory Wale… October 11, 2019
- Male succumbs to injuries following fight on 20th Ave… October 10, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 27, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, 0.1°C October 14, 2019
- Sunday night: Mainly cloudy. Low minus 2. October 13, 2019
- Monday: Mainly cloudy. High plus 5. October 13, 2019
- Monday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 2. October 13, 2019
- Tuesday: Snow. High plus 2. October 13, 2019
- Tuesday night: Periods of snow. Low zero. October 13, 2019
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 10. October 13, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 2. POP 30% October 13, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 10. POP 30% October 13, 2019