UPDATE: The Cariboo Regional District has issued an expanded evacuation alert for the Narcosli Creek area. Please note, no properties east of the Fraser River are on evacuation alert. This alert is replacing the Narcosli Creek Area Alert issued on August 10, 2018 at 12:00 pm.
For residents on evacuation alert, please be prepared to evacuate your premises or property should it be required. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Please visit the Cariboo Regional District website and online searchable map for more details or call 1-866-759-4977, which is open 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
WILLIAMS LAKE, BC: Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an evacuation order for 33 properties in the Narcosli Creek area. Due to immediate danger, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action.
Depending on the location, the two available evacuation routes are:
- North on Ernst Road to Marsh Road through Quesnel and North to Prince George via Highway 97
- Mt. Creek Road/Townsend Lake Road, turning North onto Lavington Road, to Tibbles Road, to Nazko Road, through Quesnel and North to Prince George via Highway 97
Register at the ESS Reception Centre at Exhibition Park at CN Centre at 2185 Ospika Blvd in Prince George.
Please note, if you have a primary residence outside of the evacuation order, you will not be eligible for Emergency Support Services (ESS).
View a map of the affected areas here: https://bit.ly/2vFeHz6
Use the CRD’s online interactive map to see all the areas on evacuation alert or order and the wildfires in the area: https://bit.ly/2r9P2MQ (there may be a delay before the map is updated)
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Do not shut off your natural gas if you receive an evacuation order. For more information visit www.fortisbc.com.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
- Register at the ESS Reception Centre at CN Centre at 2185 Ospika Blvd in Prince George
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/emergency. For more information contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:00am – 10:00 pm daily).
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup
- Driver forced off the road near South Taylor Hill… January 17, 2019
- Southeast District Major Crime Unit Arrest Shooting Suspect… January 17, 2019
- Unlocked vehicles an easy target for thieves… January 16, 2019