WILLIAMS LAKE, BC: Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an evacuation order for 62 properties in the Tatelkuz Lake area. This order replaces and expands upon the Tatelkuz Lake Area Alert #2 issued at 8:00 pm on August 7, 2018.
Due to immediate danger, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action.
Depending on the location, there are two available evacuation routes:
- Some properties may need to take the Kluskus Forest Service Road (FSR) to the Red Road looping back around to the Kluskus FSR and out to Vanderhoof and Prince George via Highway 16. (outlined in green on map).
- Some properties may need to take the Batnuni Road to Blackwater Road to Quesnel and North to Prince George via Highway 97.
Register at the ESS Reception Centre at Exhibition Park at Ospika Boulevard and 18th Avenue in Prince George.
Please note, if you have a primary residence outside of the evacuation order, you will not be eligible for Emergency Support Services (ESS).
View a map of the affected areas here: https://bit.ly/2KF9MmB
Use the CRD’s online interactive map to see all the areas on evacuation alert or order and the wildfires in the area: https://bit.ly/2tcpS1e (there may be a delay before the map is updated)
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Do not shut off your natural gas if you receive an evacuation order. For more information visit www.fortisbc.com.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
- Register at the ESS Reception Centre at Exhibition Park at Ospika Boulevard and 18th Avenue in Prince George.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/emergency. For more information contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:00am – 10:00 pm daily).
Residents are strongly encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup
- Police seek suspect male involved in Indecent Act… October 16, 2018
- Suspect arrested following Drive-By shooting in Terrace… October 15, 2018
- RCMP investigating Hit and Run incident… October 15, 2018