Chutanli Lake (G41607)
Last updated: Thursday, August 09, 2018 at 4:39 PM
Location: 11km north east of Tatelkuz Lake
• See approximate location of this wildfire on an See Map interactive map
• View an interactive map of all active Wildfires of Note.
Discovered: Sunday, July 30, 2017
Size: 5,427.0 hectares
The fire has crossed the Kluskus FSR and is currently exhibiting aggressive fire behaviour due to high winds and temperatures. Crews retreated from the line on August 7th due to unsafe fire behaviour, and will reassess objectives based on fire activity. On August 7th crews from this fire responded to the South of Long Lake fire 20km to the northeast and have remained on that fire since in an effort to contain the fire. They are having success and will return to the Chutanli Lake fire when it is safe to do so.
The Kluskus FSR is currently CLOSED to traffic from the 70KM to the 113KM. There is a detour on the Red Road.
Interface: Interface Interface Fire
No structures are currently threatened at this time.
Evacuation Alert is in effect.
Cause: Under Investigation
No further details available at this time regarding resources.
- Driver forced off the road near South Taylor Hill… January 17, 2019
- Southeast District Major Crime Unit Arrest Shooting Suspect… January 17, 2019
- Unlocked vehicles an easy target for thieves… January 16, 2019