FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A flag person directing traffic at Fort St. John’s Canada Day Fireworks show is recovering after being struck by a motorist just before midnight on July 1…
Police say the incident occurred when the female flagger attempted to stop a Toyota pickup truck travelling north on 86th Street. The driver of the truck struck the flagger who suffered serious, but non-life threatening injuries in the incident. The driver remained on scene.
Police arrested the driver, a 30 year-old Fort St. John man, on suspicion of impaired driving. He was brought to the RCMP detachment to provide breath samples.
Officers interviewed witnesses to the incident and ask if anyone who saw the incident who hasn’t already spoken to police to give them a call at 250-787-8100.
- BC Search and Rescue societies receive funding… March 23, 2019
- Three seriously injured following crash on Hwy 97… March 23, 2019
- Open… Hwy 16 West CLOSED at Hwy 97… March 23, 2019
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John March 23, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 5.1°C March 23, 2019
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 7. March 23, 2019
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 1. POP 30% March 23, 2019
- Sunday: Chance of showers. Temperature steady near plus 4. POP 40% March 23, 2019
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 2. POP 40% March 23, 2019
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 7. March 23, 2019
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 1. POP 40% March 23, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries or rain showers. High plus 5. POP 40% March 23, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of rain showers or flurries. Low minus 1. POP 60% March 23, 2019