SMITHERS, BC: Several children and youth were sent to hospital in Smithers on Saturday following an incident at a local motel pool…
Police say at approximately 6:30 PM, BC Ambulance, RCMP, and Fire Rescue attended to the Aspen Inn after several children and youth became ill while swimming in the pool.
An investigation ensued and it was learned that an employee was performing routine pool maintenance involving the addition of pool chemicals. Unexpectedly, the chemicals affected the children and youth adversely. The nine affected people were taken to the Bulkley Valley District Hospital.
Fortunately, all affected are expected to make a full recovery without any residual health issues. Worksafe BC has been notified of the event. In the interim, the pool is no longer open to guests or the public.
- Fentanyl and Cocaine seized during latest drug bust on the Hart… February 15, 2019
- Officers stop to help local mom stranded with two kids… February 15, 2019
- UPDATED.. Police continue to investigate kidnapping incident in Kamloops… February 15, 2019