Our updates to this story have ended.
FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Update 5: For those who have not checked in for the Dorado Terrace fire, please head to the North Peace Arena to check-in. As of May 28, 2018.
Update 4: Those in need of items can head to N.E.A.T. Thrift Store in Fort St. John. They are open until 4pm for apartment fire evacuees only!
This Facebook group is also available for donations and to check on lost pets…
Update 3: The Fort St. John fire crews remain on scene. 86th Street is open to traffic. Residents of Dorado Terrace who haven’t already done so, should head to the Pomeroy Sport Centre to check-in.
Fire is out and a whole lot of damage is now visible. Facebook PHOTO.
According to witnesses, several cats jumped from their homes last night. Many ended up with a Fort St John resident who found the owners. As for donating, it is too early to say what is needed but once that has been established we’ll update in a timely manner.
Aftermath of Saturday night’s fire at Dorado Terrace. C. Guttner/Facebook
The owner of the black cat is still being sought. It’s a big cat with some matted fur.
Updated for 9 AM, Sunday, May 26.
Update 2: For those affected by Saturday night’s fire at Dorado Terrace (Ridgeview Apt building) on 86th Street, residents of that building can check in at the Pomeroy Sport Centre and receive additional information and supplies along with accommodations.
If you can’t, please call Ridgeview at 250-787-5229 and leave a message with your contact information. Messages will be returned on Sunday.
Facebook photo.. It appears flames have been extinguished but if you zoom in, crews have a lot of water on it.
As of 2:11 AM
UPDATE 1: We can tell you that everyone has made it out with the exception of some pets according to witnesses on scene. No injuries. Also according to witnesses on scene, the fire appears to be under control.
According to witnesses, the Fort St. John Fire Department is receiving assistance from the Charlie Lake Volunteer Fire department.
86th Street remains closed from 93rd Ave to 89th Ave.
At this time police are not releasing any info.
That is all the info we have at this time. We hope to have a better understanding of the damage done on Sunday with daytime photos.
As of 1:01 AM.
Fire engulfs part of a apartment building in Fort St. John Saturday night.
An apartment building in Fort St. John is currently engulfed in flames at this hour. It is the Ridgeview Apartments located on 86th Street between 93rd Ave and 89th Ave.
Police have several areas blocked off around 93rd Ave and 86th Street and 89th Ave.
We have someone near the scene and will attempt for more information.
- Armed Robbery suspect caught… May 22, 2019
- Full Category 2 fire ban takes affect Thursday… May 22, 2019
- More than 20,000 new homes underway for people throughout B.C. May 22, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 31, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 13.6°C May 23, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 30% May 22, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 22. POP 40% May 22, 2019
- Thursday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 40% May 22, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 22. May 22, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low 8. May 22, 2019
- Saturday: Sunny. High 18. May 22, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low plus 5. May 22, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 24. May 22, 2019