FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On March 30, 2018 at 3:16 AM, the Fort St. John RCMP began an investigation into a report of a residential fire on Hannaford Road in the Charlie Lake area which resulted in extensive damage to the home.
At approximately 6:29 AM, a report was received that the Hannaford Road home owner’s vehicle was on fire on Golf Course Road in the Charlie Lake area.
The North District Major Crimes Unit with assistance from the Fort St. John Detachment, Forensic Specialists, North District Regional GIS, and Police Dog Services are continuing the investigation into the suspicious fires. During the scene examination of the residence on Hannaford Road, investigators located human remains. Those remains have not yet been identified. The BC Coroners Service is responsible for determining the identity of the found human remains and is in the very early stages of its investigation.
The homeowner, John BANKY, is still considered a missing person. Mr. BANKY is described as 55 years old, 5’9 tall (175 cm), 190 lbs (86 kgs), Hazel eyes, and red hair.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call the Fort St. John RCMP at 250 787-8140 or Crimestoppers at 1 800 222-8477.
To protect the integrity of this investigation no further information will be provided at this
time by the RCMP or BC Coroners Service.
- Pack-A-PC event a huge success once again… December 10, 2018
- Man found unresponsive in parking lot of local pub… December 10, 2018
- Police investigating Attempted Sexual Assault… December 10, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 3, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -0.2°C December 11, 2018
- Tuesday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. December 11, 2018
- Tuesday night: Chance of flurries. Low zero. POP 40% December 11, 2018
- Wednesday: Clearing. High plus 2. December 11, 2018
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 3. December 11, 2018
- Thursday: Sunny. High plus 1. December 11, 2018
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 5. December 11, 2018
- Friday: Cloudy. High zero. December 11, 2018
- Friday night: Clear. Low minus 2. December 11, 2018