FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On March 30, 2018 at 3:16 AM, the Fort St. John RCMP began an investigation into a report of a residential fire on Hannaford Road in the Charlie Lake area which resulted in extensive damage to the home.
At approximately 6:29 AM, a report was received that the Hannaford Road home owner’s vehicle was on fire on Golf Course Road in the Charlie Lake area.
The North District Major Crimes Unit with assistance from the Fort St. John Detachment, Forensic Specialists, North District Regional GIS, and Police Dog Services are continuing the investigation into the suspicious fires. During the scene examination of the residence on Hannaford Road, investigators located human remains. Those remains have not yet been identified. The BC Coroners Service is responsible for determining the identity of the found human remains and is in the very early stages of its investigation.
The homeowner, John BANKY, is still considered a missing person. Mr. BANKY is described as 55 years old, 5’9 tall (175 cm), 190 lbs (86 kgs), Hazel eyes, and red hair.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call the Fort St. John RCMP at 250 787-8140 or Crimestoppers at 1 800 222-8477.
To protect the integrity of this investigation no further information will be provided at this
time by the RCMP or BC Coroners Service.
- Dawson Creek ranks most affordable for average rent, national report says… March 26, 2019
- Wet snow and rain possible today… March 26, 2019
- Sudden death not considered suspicious… March 25, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 7.4°C March 26, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 8. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 8. March 26, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. March 26, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 1. March 26, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 1. March 26, 2019