KELOWNA, BC: A Fort St. John man was arrested Sunday after stealing a BAIT car in Kelowna…
Police say at approximately 9:50 PM, Kelowna RCMP members were advised by RCMP Dispatch that one of the bait cars in Kelowna had been activated indicating someone had entered the vehicle and was operating the car. Dispatch was able to provide live video updates as the male suspect drove northbound towards Lake Country.
Kelowna RCMP and members from the Lake COUNTRY RCMP Detachment were advised of the suspects location and once police were in a safe position, the vehicle’s engine was disabled and the male occupant was taken into police custody without incident.
Officers arrested 37 year-old Kenneth William FAWCETT of Fort St. John. FAWCETT was held in custody overnight and appeared before a Judge at the Kelowna Law Courts Monday morning. He was charged with Theft of a Motor Vehicle and Drive while Prohibited.
“Kenneth FAWCETT is a well-known Prolific Offender and has a lengthy criminal record for vehicle thefts and other property related offences. In any given community, prolific offenders account for 80 percent of all crime committed. Be rest assured our members will continue to identify, locate and arrest these individuals and hold them accountable for the crimes they have committed”, stated Cst. Lesley Smith of the Kelowna RCMP.
“The Bait Car program has been very successful throughout British Columbia”, said Inspector Brian MacDonald the Officer in charge of IMPACT- BC’s Auto Crime Police. “We are putting would be thieves on notice that Bait Cars are everywhere and you will go to jail.”
Written and released by Kelowna RCMP with edits by PJXM News.
- Fentanyl and Cocaine seized during latest drug bust on the Hart… February 15, 2019
- Officers stop to help local mom stranded with two kids… February 15, 2019
- UPDATED.. Police continue to investigate kidnapping incident in Kamloops… February 15, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.2°C February 17, 2019
- Saturday night: A few flurries. Low minus 24. February 16, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 17. February 16, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 21. February 16, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 12. February 16, 2019
- Monday night: Clear. Low minus 15. February 16, 2019
- Tuesday: Cloudy. High minus 6. February 16, 2019
- Tuesday night: Cloudy. Low minus 11. February 16, 2019
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High minus 10. February 16, 2019