FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The City of Fort St. John and Tourism Fort St. John are partnering on a pilot project aimed to attract more tourists to the city…
Phase one of the project includes the hiring of a Moose Whisperer, with the key responsibility of attracting moose to local parks. Additionally, moose feeding stations will be installed in City parks over the next few weeks; allowing residents and tourists alike the ability to interact with the animals in a completely unique way.
“This is a great opportunity to showcase our natural beauty while attracting more tourists and adding to the local economy,” stated Mike Whalley, Chair of the Tourism Fort St. John Board. “I mean who wouldn’t want to get up close and feed a moose,” he continued.
Ray Avanthay, Parks Manager stated, “We hope citizens welcome the moose into our parks and begin to think of them as part of our community. By introducing moose into our City Parks, we are able to reallocate our arborist duties allowing them to plant additional trees in other parks.”
If you are interested in viewing the complete job description or applying for the position please visit fortstjohn.ca/moose-whisperer
Mayor Lori Ackerman stated, “We are really excited by this partnership and the benefit to the community will be astronomical. Internationally, ungulate admirers seek these opportunities and plan their vacations
around the opportunity for safe interactions with these majestic animals.”
Written and released by City of Fort St. John.
– Please take this as April Fools silliness and that in no way should you attempt to get near and feed wildlife at any time. – PJXM News, BC Conservation, the BC RCMP and the City of Fort St. John.
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH , Fort St. John July 19, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 20.2°C July 20, 2019
- Friday night: Showers or thunderstorms. Low 11. July 19, 2019
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 22. July 19, 2019
- Saturday night: A few clouds. Low 11. July 19, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 24. July 19, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 12. July 19, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 26. July 19, 2019
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 13. POP 60% July 19, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 23. POP 60% July 19, 2019