FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The City of Fort St. John and Tourism Fort St. John are partnering on a pilot project aimed to attract more tourists to the city…
Phase one of the project includes the hiring of a Moose Whisperer, with the key responsibility of attracting moose to local parks. Additionally, moose feeding stations will be installed in City parks over the next few weeks; allowing residents and tourists alike the ability to interact with the animals in a completely unique way.
“This is a great opportunity to showcase our natural beauty while attracting more tourists and adding to the local economy,” stated Mike Whalley, Chair of the Tourism Fort St. John Board. “I mean who wouldn’t want to get up close and feed a moose,” he continued.
Ray Avanthay, Parks Manager stated, “We hope citizens welcome the moose into our parks and begin to think of them as part of our community. By introducing moose into our City Parks, we are able to reallocate our arborist duties allowing them to plant additional trees in other parks.”
If you are interested in viewing the complete job description or applying for the position please visit fortstjohn.ca/moose-whisperer
Mayor Lori Ackerman stated, “We are really excited by this partnership and the benefit to the community will be astronomical. Internationally, ungulate admirers seek these opportunities and plan their vacations
around the opportunity for safe interactions with these majestic animals.”
Written and released by City of Fort St. John.
– Please take this as April Fools silliness and that in no way should you attempt to get near and feed wildlife at any time. – PJXM News, BC Conservation, the BC RCMP and the City of Fort St. John.
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John March 21, 2019
- Current Conditions: Clear, 2.8°C March 21, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low zero. March 20, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 12. March 20, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low zero. March 20, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 13. March 20, 2019
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 1. March 20, 2019
- Saturday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High plus 4. POP 40% March 20, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy. Low zero. March 20, 2019
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 4. March 20, 2019