PRINCE GEORGE, BC: At approximately 6:20 PM on Wednesday March 28th, 2018, the Prince George RCMP received the first of many reports about a social media post suggesting that violence would happen at a local high school, DP Todd Secondary, on Tuesday April 3rd. Local schools are currently closed for spring break. The post was taken down a short time later.
The RCMP has taken this page very seriously and have been engaged throughout the night. Investigators are working with School District 57 administration to ensure the safety of all children in our schools and to determine the credibility of the threat. Many police resources are focusing on this investigation and will continue to do so as it progresses.
The Prince George RCMP want to thank the many people that reported this incident to police, especially the youth of our community that recognize this is a serious concern and made the right choice.
We would like to remind all parents to play a role in their child’s social media activity and to report suspicious activity. Any threats made will be and must be taken seriously.
Tips for parents:
· Check social media accounts and contact lists to see who your child is chatting with;
· Ensure that your child knows how to block unwanted contacts;
· Teach children how to be responsible with web cams. Keep webcams unplugged when not in use;
· Create an environment where your child feels safe and they can talk about secrets;
· Look for changes in behaviour and ask questions.
Released by the Prince George RCMP. No edits.
- Police asking for help to locate two missing people… January 16, 2019
- Police investigating incident involving Shots Fired and Forcible Entry.. January 16, 2019
- Homicide investigation underway in Prince George… January 16, 2019