TERRACE, BC: Below are some top stories out of Terrace from last week…
• On March 10, around 2:20 a.m., a police officer in the area of Hwy 16 E observed a vehicle driving suspiciously and speeding. The vehicle was stopped near Crescent Street in Thornhill. After speaking with the driver, the officer detained him for impaired operation of a motor vehicle and transported him to the detachment for a breath sample. The driver was later released on a Promise to Appear in Court for Impaired Driving and Exceeding .08mg blood alcohol concentration.
• Around 6:45 p.m. on March 10, police were called to the 4700 block of Graham Avenue for a single vehicle crash involving alcohol. Ambulance treated the driver who was injury free. Police transported the driver to the detachment to obtained samples of his breath and found him to be exceeding a blood alcohol concentration of .08 mg. He was later released on a promise to appear in court for Impaired Driving and Exceeding .08
• On March 10, just before midnight, police conducted a road check on Hwy 16 at Ferry Island. A man stopped was suspected of impaired driving and was administered a roadside breath test. He failed and received a 30-day vehicle impound and 90-day driving prohibition under the Motor Vehicle Act.
• On Friday March 9, just after midnight, police observed a vehicle swerve into another lane on Grieg Avenue near Emerson Street. Police stopped the vehicle, spoke to its driver, and became suspicious she could be impaired. Roadside breath tests were administered and registered readings. The driver received a 30-day vehicle impound and 90-day driving prohibition, as well as other Motor Vehicle Act violation tickets.
• Later that day, March 9, just before midnight, police were conducting an impaired driving roadblock on Lanfear Drive at Pheasant Street. A roadside breath test was performed on a man suspected of impaired driving. He received a 24-hour driving prohibition and a violation ticket for open alcohol in a vehicle.
• Shortly after, another driver was stopped as part of the March 9 roadblock and received a 24-hour driving prohibition related to impaired driving.
Around 1 a.m., on March 9, police were conducting a roadblock on Lanfear Drive near Pheasant Street when they located an unlicensed driver on the roadway. An Unlicensed Prohibition and vehicle impound, and violation ticket were issued. About 20 minutes later around Kenny Street and Davis Avenue, a second unlicensed driver was located and subject to the same penalties. Another driver was caught 10 minutes later on Lakelse Avenue for the same offences and vehicle impound.
Several arrests were made as a result: a man was arrested for breaching his no-contact conditions; a man was arrested for sexual assault, interference, and invitation to sexual touching; a woman was arrested for breaching no-contact conditions and assault. Three incidents are still under investigation.
Six of the reports were for abandoned 911 calls, some of which were children playing with phones or misdials. Four were for false alarms at two residential addresses and two commercial locations.
About 21 of the complaints were related to drugs or alcohol. About 10 calls were on Lakelse Avenue.
- Fentanyl and Cocaine seized during latest drug bust on the Hart… February 15, 2019
- Officers stop to help local mom stranded with two kids… February 15, 2019
- UPDATED.. Police continue to investigate kidnapping incident in Kamloops… February 15, 2019