FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A Fort St. John youth is facing serious charges following an arrest in a Sextortion case we told you about in January…
Police executed a search warrant at a home in Fort St. John and arrested a youth on Thursday in relation to the Sextortion incidents. Back in January, the RCMP asked other victims to come forward following an investigation into Child Pornography and Child Luring by local Police and the BC Integrated Child Exploitation unit.
The youth, who cannot be identified has now been charged with:
- 4 counts of Luring a Child
- 4 counts of Extortion
- 1 count of Distribution of Child Pornography
- 1 count of Identity Fraud
“While we believe that we have identified those victims in our community, we would encourage you to continue to speak with your teenagers and children about the dangers of sharing images and videos through electronic devices,” states Corporal Denise Perret of the Fort St. John RCMP. “We are also cognizant there may be additional victims who have not reported, if during discussions with your child you believe your child may be a victim, please report to the police in your community or the Fort St. John RCMP if you live within our jurisdiction.”
The Fort St. John RCMP would like to thank the public and the media for their assistance in this matter.
- Found human remains those of missing teen… September 21, 2018
- Man Arrested for Multiple Indecent Acts near University… September 20, 2018
- Terrace RCMP cracks down on child pornography… September 20, 2018