WILLIAMS LAKE, BC: Two youths are facing charges after they deliberately set fires during the wildfires last summer which could have cost a senior her life…
Crown Counsel has approved charges against two Williams Lake youth in connection with the August 15 incidents, which occurred during the BC Wildfires. Both face:
- Two counts of Break and Enter,
- Mischief under $5000,
- Possession of stolen property under $5000,
The names of the youth will not be released.
“There is no doubt that the elderly woman in the residence may have been seriously injured or killed if the neighbours did not see the fire and immediately tend to it with their fire fighting skills during the state of emergency. We are very fortunate for their response along with the response of the Williams Lake Fire Department was rapid to extinguish the residential fire”, states Inspector Jeff Pelley, Officer in Charge Williams Lake RCMP.
As always, the RCMP remind anyone who witnesses anything suspicious in nature to contact the Williams Lake RCMP at 250-392-6211 or through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
- Police asking for help to locate two missing people… January 16, 2019
- Police investigating incident involving Shots Fired and Forcible Entry.. January 16, 2019
- Homicide investigation underway in Prince George… January 16, 2019