FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One person has died following a serious single vehicle crash on the Taylor Bridge during the overnight…
Police say the male driver of a Ford pickup truck was travelling northbound on the bridge deck when he lost control of his truck, crossed the center line, struck the guardrail, with the truck eventually landing on its roof in the southbound lane of the bridge. The driver was ejected from the truck and died on scene. He allegedly was not wearing a seat belt.
Police have not ruled out speed as a factor in this crash and have a warning for all drivers to adhere to road conditions and wear your seat belt. The recent warm spell is not a reason to think spring conditions on local roads and highways, winter conditions remain particularly on metal bridge decks. Seatbelts save lives and motorists should use it.
The Alaska Highway was closed for approximately 7 hours while officers conducted an investigation.
The crash remains under investigation by Peace Regional Traffic Services. No name is being released at this time. In a recent email officers didn’t tell PJXM News how old the driver was.
- Human remains found near Prince George… June 26, 2019
- Police investigating theft of mountain bike… June 26, 2019
- Police seize malnourished dog; Home owner Medevac to hospital… June 25, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John June 18, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 15.9°C June 26, 2019
- Wednesday: Showers or thunderstorms. High 20. June 26, 2019
- Wednesday night: Showers or thunderstorms. Low 9. June 26, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 40% June 26, 2019
- Thursday night: Chance of showers. Low 11. POP 60% June 26, 2019
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 19. POP 60% June 26, 2019
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 10. POP 60% June 26, 2019
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High 17. POP 60% June 26, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 10. June 26, 2019