FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One person has died following a serious single vehicle crash on the Taylor Bridge during the overnight…
Police say the male driver of a Ford pickup truck was travelling northbound on the bridge deck when he lost control of his truck, crossed the center line, struck the guardrail, with the truck eventually landing on its roof in the southbound lane of the bridge. The driver was ejected from the truck and died on scene. He allegedly was not wearing a seat belt.
Police have not ruled out speed as a factor in this crash and have a warning for all drivers to adhere to road conditions and wear your seat belt. The recent warm spell is not a reason to think spring conditions on local roads and highways, winter conditions remain particularly on metal bridge decks. Seatbelts save lives and motorists should use it.
The Alaska Highway was closed for approximately 7 hours while officers conducted an investigation.
The crash remains under investigation by Peace Regional Traffic Services. No name is being released at this time. In a recent email officers didn’t tell PJXM News how old the driver was.
- Police asking for help to locate two missing people… January 16, 2019
- Police investigating incident involving Shots Fired and Forcible Entry.. January 16, 2019
- Homicide investigation underway in Prince George… January 16, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.2°C January 16, 2019
- Wednesday: Periods of snow. Temperature falling to minus 20 this afternoon. January 16, 2019
- Wednesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 22. January 16, 2019
- Thursday: Periods of light snow. High minus 19. POP 40% January 16, 2019
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 22. January 16, 2019
- Friday: Chance of flurries. High minus 18. POP 60% January 16, 2019
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low minus 18. January 16, 2019
- Saturday: Snow. High minus 15. January 16, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 14. January 16, 2019