Update 1: Highway remains closed as of 8 AM MST. Estimated time of opening is still between 8:30 and 9:30 AM MST. Our next update will not be until late this afternoon so please check DriveBC.ca for the latest. Click here for closure details. If the event says it is not active, it has then ended.
Our updated details from the RCMP, if available, will be posted after 5 pm PST. We apologize in advance for the story delay.
Motorists be advised that the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions at the Taylor Bridge due to a serious collision. DriveBC.ca estimates the highway could reopen between 8:30 and 9:30 AM MST. Our next update will be after 6:30 AM PST, if available.
RCMP message below..
The Fort St John RCMP is currently investigating a serious motor vehicle collision on the Taylor Bridge involving one vehicle.
Please be advised that the Taylor Bridge will be shut down to both motorist and foot traffic for an indefinite period of time. Updates will be provided once the bridge is re-opened.
Thank you for your patience.
- Pack-A-PC event a huge success once again… December 10, 2018
- Man found unresponsive in parking lot of local pub… December 10, 2018
- Police investigating Attempted Sexual Assault… December 10, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 3, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -0.2°C December 11, 2018
- Tuesday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. December 11, 2018
- Tuesday night: Chance of flurries. Low zero. POP 40% December 11, 2018
- Wednesday: Clearing. High plus 2. December 11, 2018
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 3. December 11, 2018
- Thursday: Sunny. High plus 1. December 11, 2018
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 5. December 11, 2018
- Friday: Cloudy. High zero. December 11, 2018
- Friday night: Clear. Low minus 2. December 11, 2018