Update 1: Highway remains closed as of 8 AM MST. Estimated time of opening is still between 8:30 and 9:30 AM MST. Our next update will not be until late this afternoon so please check DriveBC.ca for the latest. Click here for closure details. If the event says it is not active, it has then ended.
Our updated details from the RCMP, if available, will be posted after 5 pm PST. We apologize in advance for the story delay.
Motorists be advised that the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions at the Taylor Bridge due to a serious collision. DriveBC.ca estimates the highway could reopen between 8:30 and 9:30 AM MST. Our next update will be after 6:30 AM PST, if available.
RCMP message below..
The Fort St John RCMP is currently investigating a serious motor vehicle collision on the Taylor Bridge involving one vehicle.
Please be advised that the Taylor Bridge will be shut down to both motorist and foot traffic for an indefinite period of time. Updates will be provided once the bridge is re-opened.
Thank you for your patience.
- Dawson Creek ranks most affordable for average rent, national report says… March 26, 2019
- Wet snow and rain possible today… March 26, 2019
- Sudden death not considered suspicious… March 25, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 7.4°C March 26, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 8. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 8. March 26, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. March 26, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 1. March 26, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 1. March 26, 2019