Update 1: Highway remains closed as of 8 AM MST. Estimated time of opening is still between 8:30 and 9:30 AM MST. Our next update will not be until late this afternoon so please check DriveBC.ca for the latest. Click here for closure details. If the event says it is not active, it has then ended.
Our updated details from the RCMP, if available, will be posted after 5 pm PST. We apologize in advance for the story delay.
Motorists be advised that the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions at the Taylor Bridge due to a serious collision. DriveBC.ca estimates the highway could reopen between 8:30 and 9:30 AM MST. Our next update will be after 6:30 AM PST, if available.
RCMP message below..
The Fort St John RCMP is currently investigating a serious motor vehicle collision on the Taylor Bridge involving one vehicle.
Please be advised that the Taylor Bridge will be shut down to both motorist and foot traffic for an indefinite period of time. Updates will be provided once the bridge is re-opened.
Thank you for your patience.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 17, 2023
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -12.5°C January 30, 2023
- Monday: Mainly cloudy. High minus 10. January 30, 2023
- Monday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 15. POP 40% January 30, 2023
- Tuesday: Snow. High minus 12. January 30, 2023
- Tuesday night: Snow. Low minus 22. January 30, 2023
- Wednesday: Snow. High minus 22. January 30, 2023
- Wednesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 24. January 30, 2023
- Thursday: Snow. High minus 14. January 30, 2023
- Thursday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 13. POP 60% January 30, 2023