Update 3: Highway is now open to single lane alternating traffic at this time. Next update will be after 5 pm PST.
Update 2: The Alaska Highway will remain CLOSED due to the vehicle incident from Monday night. This will indeed affect anyone heading north to Fort Nelson today. There is no detour. DriveBC.ca estimates the highway could open around 5 PM PST.
Update: Highway remains closed. No detour. Next update after 10 PM PST using the link on the map below from DriveBC.ca. Please use the link for overnight details.
Motorists in the Fort St. John area be advised that the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions between Wonowon and Pink Mountain due to a vehicle incident.
Closed in both directions between Wonowon to Pink Mountain (70.8 km) due to a semi incident. Assessment in progress; no detour available. Next update at 8 PM PST. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=57.079861,-122.584945+(Collision%20-%20Highway%2097%20Both%20directions)
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John May 27, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 15.1°C May 27, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 12. May 26, 2019
- Monday: Mainly sunny. High 27. May 26, 2019
- Monday night: Clearing. Low 13. May 26, 2019
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 29. May 26, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 14. May 26, 2019
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 24. May 26, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 60% May 26, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 20. May 26, 2019