Update 3: Highway is now open to single lane alternating traffic at this time. Next update will be after 5 pm PST.
Update 2: The Alaska Highway will remain CLOSED due to the vehicle incident from Monday night. This will indeed affect anyone heading north to Fort Nelson today. There is no detour. DriveBC.ca estimates the highway could open around 5 PM PST.
Update: Highway remains closed. No detour. Next update after 10 PM PST using the link on the map below from DriveBC.ca. Please use the link for overnight details.
Motorists in the Fort St. John area be advised that the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions between Wonowon and Pink Mountain due to a vehicle incident.
Closed in both directions between Wonowon to Pink Mountain (70.8 km) due to a semi incident. Assessment in progress; no detour available. Next update at 8 PM PST. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=57.079861,-122.584945+(Collision%20-%20Highway%2097%20Both%20directions)
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 17, 2023
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -12.5°C January 30, 2023
- Monday: Mainly cloudy. High minus 10. January 30, 2023
- Monday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 15. POP 40% January 30, 2023
- Tuesday: Snow. High minus 12. January 30, 2023
- Tuesday night: Snow. Low minus 22. January 30, 2023
- Wednesday: Snow. High minus 22. January 30, 2023
- Wednesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 24. January 30, 2023
- Thursday: Snow. High minus 14. January 30, 2023
- Thursday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 13. POP 60% January 30, 2023