Update 3: Highway is now open to single lane alternating traffic at this time. Next update will be after 5 pm PST.
Update 2: The Alaska Highway will remain CLOSED due to the vehicle incident from Monday night. This will indeed affect anyone heading north to Fort Nelson today. There is no detour. DriveBC.ca estimates the highway could open around 5 PM PST.
Update: Highway remains closed. No detour. Next update after 10 PM PST using the link on the map below from DriveBC.ca. Please use the link for overnight details.
Motorists in the Fort St. John area be advised that the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions between Wonowon and Pink Mountain due to a vehicle incident.
Closed in both directions between Wonowon to Pink Mountain (70.8 km) due to a semi incident. Assessment in progress; no detour available. Next update at 8 PM PST. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=57.079861,-122.584945+(Collision%20-%20Highway%2097%20Both%20directions)
- Police asking for help to locate two missing people… January 16, 2019
- Police investigating incident involving Shots Fired and Forcible Entry.. January 16, 2019
- Homicide investigation underway in Prince George… January 16, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.2°C January 16, 2019
- Wednesday: Periods of snow. Temperature falling to minus 20 this afternoon. January 16, 2019
- Wednesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 22. January 16, 2019
- Thursday: Periods of light snow. High minus 19. POP 40% January 16, 2019
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 22. January 16, 2019
- Friday: Chance of flurries. High minus 18. POP 60% January 16, 2019
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low minus 18. January 16, 2019
- Saturday: Snow. High minus 15. January 16, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 14. January 16, 2019