FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP is asking for the public’s help in locating a suspect who stole a large sum of money from a booth set up on Canada Day…
Volunteers at the Fort St John Metis Society booth were working hard on Canada Day to raise money for the organization when an unknown male came up to the booth located in the parking lot at 9505 100th St, Fort St John, and stole a large sum of money.
The theft took place at about 1:00 PM. Police learnt that the male suspect dropped his hat, bent down to pick it up near the front of the food table at the Metis booth but then reached underneath the booth and grabbed the bag of money and immediately walked northbound away from the table. Volunteers advised there was an excess of $1000 worth of fundraising money in the bag.
The suspect is described as;
- Between the ages of 50-55 years old
- 5 feet 9 inches tall
- Medium build
- Balding with grey hair around the sides of his head
- Last seen wearing a blue shirt, black shorts and black base ball cap
If you have any information regarding this file or can help the police identify the suspect please call the Fort St John RCMP at 250-787-8100 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
Written and released by Fort St. John RCMP
- Dawson Creek ranks most affordable for average rent, national report says… March 26, 2019
- Wet snow and rain possible today… March 26, 2019
- Sudden death not considered suspicious… March 25, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 7.4°C March 26, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 8. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 8. March 26, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. March 26, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 1. March 26, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 1. March 26, 2019