FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A driver of a dirt bike is in serious condition after striking debris while riding in the ditch near Baldonnel on Sunday…
Police say at approximately 7:10 PM, officers were called to the scene of the collision near the intersection of the Alaska Highway at 259 Rd, in Baldonnel.
The dirt bike was reportedly riding eastbound in the ditch when the driver collided with debris in the ditch and was thrown over the handle bars of the bike. The driver sustained significant head injuries and was taken to the Fort St. John hospital and later transported to a larger hospital for further treatment.
“This is a tragic event, where the lasting impact of the injuries is unknown at this time. Our condolences go out to the injured driver and their family. The Fort St. John RCMP would like to remind the public about safe riding practices, which includes wearing all the appropriate safety gear and riding on designated trails. With the nice weather, Police have seen an increase in the amount of complaints received from the public regarding dirt bikes and quads that are not riding on designated trails” said Cst. SAGGAR of the Fort St. John RCMP.
Alcohol has been ruled out as a factor in the accident.
Written and released by Fort St. John RCMP with edits by PJXM News
- Dawson Creek ranks most affordable for average rent, national report says… March 26, 2019
- Wet snow and rain possible today… March 26, 2019
- Sudden death not considered suspicious… March 25, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 7.4°C March 26, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 8. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 26, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 8. March 26, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. March 26, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 1. March 26, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 10. March 26, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 1. March 26, 2019