UPDATE 4: Single lane alternating traffic until further notice. Expect delays.
UPDATE 3: DriveBC.ca is now stating the highway could reopen between 3 pm and 4 pm. With regards to these updates it will probably be best to go back to the original opening time between 5 pm and 8 pm.
UPDATE 2: DriveBC.ca is now stating the highway could reopen between 1 pm and 3 pm today.
Update 1: Estimated time of opening is between 5 pm and 8 pm Saturday. Next update will be around 4:30 pm by DriveBC.ca.
A Wash Out has CLOSED Highway 97 North near Callahazon Creek, south of Chetwynd according to DriveBC.ca.
At this time there is no detour and motorists heading north of Prince George are being turned back at Mackenzie Junction.
DriveBC.ca Details: Closed in both directions 17 km north of Callahazon Creek because of Wash Out. Assessment in progress. Next update 10:30 am
- Update 2: Roads deteriorate as Freezing Rain sets in… November 17, 2018
- Freezing Rain possible for BC Peace… November 17, 2018
- Ten people arrested following Search Warrant on Nation Cres… November 16, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 18, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 4.9°C November 19, 2018
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 5. November 19, 2018
- Monday night: A few clouds. Low minus 1. November 19, 2018
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. November 19, 2018
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. November 19, 2018
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 4. November 19, 2018
- Wednesday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 4. POP 40% November 19, 2018
- Thursday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 60% November 19, 2018
- Thursday night: Snow. Low minus 9. November 19, 2018