FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On Tuesday February 28, 2017, a Supreme Court trial of Judge and Jury found Lisa MIEL guilty of 2nd Degree Murder in the death of Kirk MORIN…
On Sunday September 6th 2015, Traffic Services, while conducting a vehicle stop for unrelated reasons, found MIEL driving MORIN’S truck. The circumstances discovered after the stop led to MIEL being detained by police. Further investigation led to the discovery of MORIN’s body a short time later. MIEL arrested and held in custody.
The trial, which began on Monday February 6th 2017, and concluded on Tuesday February 28th 2017, resulted in the guilty verdict.
The investigation included assistance from Fort St. John General Investigation Section, Forensic Identification Section, General Duty Members, Traffic Services and North District Major Crimes.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set however MIEL remains in custody.
Written and released by North District RCMP
- Excessive speeder ticketed twice within 30 minutes… December 7, 2018
- Suspect driver causes havoc on 15th Ave… December 7, 2018
- Possible fraudulent activity occurring in Fraser Lake… December 7, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 3, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, 1.0°C December 10, 2018
- Monday: Mainly sunny. High plus 2. December 10, 2018
- Monday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 3. December 10, 2018
- Tuesday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. December 10, 2018
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. December 10, 2018
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 3. December 10, 2018
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. December 10, 2018
- Thursday: Sunny. High zero. December 10, 2018
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. December 10, 2018