FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On Tuesday February 28, 2017, a Supreme Court trial of Judge and Jury found Lisa MIEL guilty of 2nd Degree Murder in the death of Kirk MORIN…
On Sunday September 6th 2015, Traffic Services, while conducting a vehicle stop for unrelated reasons, found MIEL driving MORIN’S truck. The circumstances discovered after the stop led to MIEL being detained by police. Further investigation led to the discovery of MORIN’s body a short time later. MIEL arrested and held in custody.
The trial, which began on Monday February 6th 2017, and concluded on Tuesday February 28th 2017, resulted in the guilty verdict.
The investigation included assistance from Fort St. John General Investigation Section, Forensic Identification Section, General Duty Members, Traffic Services and North District Major Crimes.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set however MIEL remains in custody.
Written and released by North District RCMP
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John March 21, 2019
- Current Conditions: Clear, 2.8°C March 21, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low zero. March 20, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 12. March 20, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low zero. March 20, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 13. March 20, 2019
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 1. March 20, 2019
- Saturday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High plus 4. POP 40% March 20, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy. Low zero. March 20, 2019
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 4. March 20, 2019