FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On Tuesday February 28, 2017, a Supreme Court trial of Judge and Jury found Lisa MIEL guilty of 2nd Degree Murder in the death of Kirk MORIN…
On Sunday September 6th 2015, Traffic Services, while conducting a vehicle stop for unrelated reasons, found MIEL driving MORIN’S truck. The circumstances discovered after the stop led to MIEL being detained by police. Further investigation led to the discovery of MORIN’s body a short time later. MIEL arrested and held in custody.
The trial, which began on Monday February 6th 2017, and concluded on Tuesday February 28th 2017, resulted in the guilty verdict.
The investigation included assistance from Fort St. John General Investigation Section, Forensic Identification Section, General Duty Members, Traffic Services and North District Major Crimes.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set however MIEL remains in custody.
Written and released by North District RCMP
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH , Fort St. John July 19, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 20.2°C July 20, 2019
- Friday night: Showers or thunderstorms. Low 11. July 19, 2019
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 22. July 19, 2019
- Saturday night: A few clouds. Low 11. July 19, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 24. July 19, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 12. July 19, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 26. July 19, 2019
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 13. POP 60% July 19, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 23. POP 60% July 19, 2019