FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On Tuesday February 28, 2017, a Supreme Court trial of Judge and Jury found Lisa MIEL guilty of 2nd Degree Murder in the death of Kirk MORIN…
On Sunday September 6th 2015, Traffic Services, while conducting a vehicle stop for unrelated reasons, found MIEL driving MORIN’S truck. The circumstances discovered after the stop led to MIEL being detained by police. Further investigation led to the discovery of MORIN’s body a short time later. MIEL arrested and held in custody.
The trial, which began on Monday February 6th 2017, and concluded on Tuesday February 28th 2017, resulted in the guilty verdict.
The investigation included assistance from Fort St. John General Investigation Section, Forensic Identification Section, General Duty Members, Traffic Services and North District Major Crimes.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set however MIEL remains in custody.
Written and released by North District RCMP
- Armed Robbery suspect caught… May 22, 2019
- Full Category 2 fire ban takes affect Thursday… May 22, 2019
- More than 20,000 new homes underway for people throughout B.C. May 22, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 31, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 13.6°C May 23, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 30% May 22, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 22. POP 40% May 22, 2019
- Thursday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 40% May 22, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 22. May 22, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low 8. May 22, 2019
- Saturday: Sunny. High 18. May 22, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low plus 5. May 22, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 24. May 22, 2019