FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On Tuesday February 28, 2017, a Supreme Court trial of Judge and Jury found Lisa MIEL guilty of 2nd Degree Murder in the death of Kirk MORIN…
On Sunday September 6th 2015, Traffic Services, while conducting a vehicle stop for unrelated reasons, found MIEL driving MORIN’S truck. The circumstances discovered after the stop led to MIEL being detained by police. Further investigation led to the discovery of MORIN’s body a short time later. MIEL arrested and held in custody.
The trial, which began on Monday February 6th 2017, and concluded on Tuesday February 28th 2017, resulted in the guilty verdict.
The investigation included assistance from Fort St. John General Investigation Section, Forensic Identification Section, General Duty Members, Traffic Services and North District Major Crimes.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set however MIEL remains in custody.
Written and released by North District RCMP
- Fentanyl and Cocaine seized during latest drug bust on the Hart… February 15, 2019
- Officers stop to help local mom stranded with two kids… February 15, 2019
- UPDATED.. Police continue to investigate kidnapping incident in Kamloops… February 15, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.2°C February 17, 2019
- Saturday night: A few flurries. Low minus 24. February 16, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 17. February 16, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 21. February 16, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 12. February 16, 2019
- Monday night: Clear. Low minus 15. February 16, 2019
- Tuesday: Cloudy. High minus 6. February 16, 2019
- Tuesday night: Cloudy. Low minus 11. February 16, 2019
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High minus 10. February 16, 2019