WEATHER NOTE: For those heading out tonight in Prince George, expect some lingering fog and possible wet flurries and freezing rain. In Dawson Creek and Fort St. John, the Peace can expect snow this evening. Please use caution!!
The BC RCMP would like to remind everyone to stay safe this Halloween. Pedestrians and Drivers are encouraged to have fun but to be extra careful and behave responsibly when out and about on Halloween Night.
Parents / Guardians are encouraged to ensure their trick-or-treaters:
- Wear light coloured costumes, have reflective tape on their costume or carry a flashlight or glow stick
- Ensure their costumes are properly fitted to reduce tripping hazards
- Select costumes made of flame resistant materials
- Consider make up rather than masks to ensure vision is not restricted
- Ensure masks are not worn when entering businesses
- Accompany small children when trick-or-treating
- Never enter a stranger’s house to retrieve treats
- Inspect your children’s treats and throw away anything that doesn’t look commercially sealed
Police suggest parents / guardians have a conversation with their children about these suggestions and to remain vigilant to any suspicious behaviour.
Police will be conducting roving patrols on Halloween night and encourage drivers and pedestrians to pay extra attention to their surroundings with the increase of vehicle and pedestrian traffic on the streets.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween night!
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John September 28, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 14.2°C September 29, 2022
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low 10. POP 40% September 28, 2022
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 17. POP 70% September 28, 2022
- Thursday night: Clearing. Low 7. September 28, 2022
- Friday: Sunny. High 21. September 28, 2022
- Friday night: Clear. Low 7. September 28, 2022
- Saturday: Sunny. High 23. September 28, 2022
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 12. September 28, 2022
- Sunday: Sunny. High 20. September 28, 2022