FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The family of a young woman who died after becoming pinned between two vehicles on Saturday has released her identity to the media…
Krissy Woodford, 21, had attempted to stop a vehicle that rolled down a slanted driveway on 96th Ave late Saturday morning. The rolling vehicle pulled Krissy under and pinned her between a truck parked across the street. She was rushed to the Fort St. John Hospital with a serious head injury but passed away shortly thereafter.
The investigation into the incident continues.
The family would like to clear up rumours already circulating stating drugs and alcohol were involved in this incident. “It was a Freak Accident, nothing more. It shouldn’t have ever happened!”, stated a family member to PJXM on Monday evening.
Krissy leaves behind 4 sisters, her mother and father, and countless friends and family. She will always be remembered as a person who loved Owls and gave back to her community by volunteering, including time spent helping with the recent wildfires in the Fort St. John area back on April 18.
- Flood Warning in effect for Hwy 97 between Summit Lake Rd and Mitchell Rd… November 17, 2019
- Open… Vehicle Incident closes Hwy 97 near McLeese Lake… November 16, 2019
- Update 3: Hwy 49 now open to single lane traffic… November 16, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 15, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 3.7°C November 18, 2019
- Monday: Mainly sunny. High 6. November 18, 2019
- Monday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 5. November 18, 2019
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 1. November 18, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 8. November 18, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 5. November 18, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. November 18, 2019
- Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. November 18, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low plus 1. November 18, 2019