DAWSON CREEK, BC: The Dawson Creek RCMP is continuing to ask for the public’s help with a missing teen last seen on March 12…
Denny Poole, 15, was last seen on March 12, 2016 around 7:30 PM, on the hill on the south side of the Kiskatinaw River Bridge on Highway 97 between Dawson Creek and Fort St John.
On March 20th, RCMP Air Services helicopter was brought in to assist in the search along with local Search and Rescue personnel.
Since Denny was last seen, he has had no contact with his family which is considered out of character for him not to call a family member.
Investigators do not believe foul play is involved so far in their investigation, but at this point are turning to the public to assist them with two very key issues in their investigation.
Police are attempting to develop a time line approximately 24 hours prior to Denny last being seen on Highway 97.
Any motorists who were travelling between Dawson Creek and Fort St John who may have seen two youths on the highway or side roads with one of them fitting Denny’s description, please call.
Secondly, around 7:30 PM, Denny and the other youth split up and went their own ways. At 7:52 PM, RCMP dispatch received a phone call from the second youth to report what police call a suspicious occurrence, but the youth may have experienced a hypothermic delusion.
During the call, an unknown man who is travelling between Dawson Creek and Fort St John, stops to check on the well-being of the youth and begins talking with the RCMP dispatcher on the youth’s phone. The individual spoke with what sounded like a heavy South Asian accent. Police have not been able to identify this individual and are asking for help, or the person to come forward to assist police.
Staff/Sgt. Marcel Guilbault Dawson Creek RCMP Commander added “
Since Denny was on foot and appeared to have been wandering in the area for some time, we are asking everyone in the area where he was last seen to check their property and outbuildings in case Denny took refuge in one of these structures.”
If you have any information regarding Denny Poole, please call the Dawson Creek RCMP at 250-784-3700.
Denny is described as:
- First Nations youth
- 5’7 tall
- 120-130 lbs.
- Short Black hair
- Brown eyes,
- Last seen wearing a grey DGK Sweater (DGK is in red lettering), Black jeans, Osirus running shoes, and carrying a black backpack.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -6.7°C February 19, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 40% February 19, 2019
- Tuesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 11. February 19, 2019
- Wednesday: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 10. February 19, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 19. February 19, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High minus 7. February 19, 2019
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 15. February 19, 2019
- Friday: Periods of snow. High minus 8. February 19, 2019
- Friday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 15. February 19, 2019