Update: As of 10:20 PM, the Alaska Highway is near Mile 130 is open to one lane alternating traffic.
Fort St. John RCMP reports a temporary road closure near the 130 mile mark of Alaska Highway due to a Motor Vehicle incident involving hazardous materials.
Lanes in both directions will be closed for an estimated two or more hours at this time and Traffic flow updates will be forwarded once further information is available.
The RCMP wishes to thank you for your patience and requests that the public adheres to the containment perimeters as directed by members on scene due to public safety.
Due to this being out of the DriveBC.ca reporting area, updates from the Ministry will not occur.
PJXM News will let you know once the highway is open.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 2, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 21.3°C August 12, 2022
- Thursday night: A few clouds. Low 13. August 11, 2022
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 27. POP 30% August 11, 2022
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 14. POP 30% August 11, 2022
- Saturday: Chance of showers or thunderstorms. High 27. POP 70% August 11, 2022
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low 14. POP 40% August 11, 2022
- Sunday: Sunny. High 23. August 11, 2022
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 15. August 11, 2022
- Monday: Sunny. High 24. August 11, 2022