Update 3: Following a day-long effort to resolve a stand off at a residence in the Charlie Lake area, officers from the RCMP North District Emergency Response Team (ERT) entered the residence late Sunday evening and located a deceased man inside the home.
RCMP ERT officers also located the 2 year old child inside the home unharmed.
The IIOBC have been notified of the incident.
Update 2: North District RCMP confirms the standoff is now over and the 2 year-old child is safe. The 12 hour incident remains under investigation.
Update: As of 10 pm MST, there has been no further information released on this incident. It is ongoing and once info becomes available we’ll update.
Fort St. John, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP is currently on scene of a domestic disturbance incident in the Rimrock Drive area of Charlie Lake…
Police say a victim reported that she was able to escape the residence but the Subject of Complaint and their 2 year-old son were still in the residence.
Attempts to contact the male occupant were and are at this time negative.
Police have set up containment around the residence and are asking the public to stay clear of the area as they continue to try and contact the man.
The public’s co-operation during this time is greatly appreciated.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 14, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 24.3°C August 17, 2022
- Tuesday night: A few clouds. Low 13. August 16, 2022
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 28. August 16, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low 14. August 16, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High 28. August 16, 2022
- Thursday night: Clear. Low 16. August 16, 2022
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 28. POP 30% August 16, 2022
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 16. POP 30% August 16, 2022
- Saturday: Cloudy. High 21. August 16, 2022