Fort St. John, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP has released details on an armed robbery Saturday evening…
Police say shortly before 8 PM, a lone male entered On The Rocks Liquor Store located on 86th Street near the Alaska Highway armed with a gun.
The firearm was discharged during the robbery but fortunately, no one was injured. The suspect fled the scene with cash and liquor in a small gray or silver four door sedan driven by a female.
A few hours later at around 10:30 PM, officers had identified the suspects. The couple was arrested without incident at an apartment in the 9300 block of 86th Street.
Charges of Robbery with a Firearm are being recommended against a 25 year-old male and a 28 year-old female, both Fort St. John residents.
Additional charges of Wearing a Disguise during the Commission of an Offence and Careless Use of a Firearm are being recommended against the male. Both individuals remain in police custody, pending a Bail Hearing.
During the Robbery, a red pickup drove up to the front door of the liquor store and then drove away. Police believe the occupants of this vehicle may have witnessed the robbery and wish to speak with them.
If you have any information regarding this robbery or the identity of potential witnesses, please contact the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John September 28, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 14.2°C September 29, 2022
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low 10. POP 40% September 28, 2022
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 17. POP 70% September 28, 2022
- Thursday night: Clearing. Low 7. September 28, 2022
- Friday: Sunny. High 21. September 28, 2022
- Friday night: Clear. Low 7. September 28, 2022
- Saturday: Sunny. High 23. September 28, 2022
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 12. September 28, 2022
- Sunday: Sunny. High 20. September 28, 2022