Update: On October 29, 2015, the male that is believed to have been described in our original story has contacted the Fort St John RCMP and was interviewed by police.
The male contacted the police after recognizing that he matched the description of the suspicious male that was provided to the public.
Police were unable to confirm that an offence was committed and the male provided legitimate reason to be in the area.
The Fort St John RCMP thank the public in assisting to locate this male but would like to remind the public that this was an ongoing investigation and there is no reason to suggest at this time that this male is a risk to the community.
Fort St. John, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP is currently investigating a suspicious incident that occurred Monday morning on 86th Street…
Police say a woman driving in the 9300 block of 86th Street noticed an older model pickup truck following a young female walking on the sidewalk at around 8:50 am. The suspicious vehicle followed the 15 year-old teen at a very slow speed for over a block. The woman then drove her car in front of the suspect vehicle, got out and approached the teen. At that time the suspicious driver drove away.
The vehicle is described as an older green pickup with rust spots and a small slip-tank on the back. The driver is described as an older male with white hair and a cigarette-stained moustache. He was wearing a ball cap and smoking at the time of this incident.
There was no interaction between the male and the young girl or the female driver. It is unknown what the intentions of the male were but Police are asking for him to come forward about this incident.
If anyone has information about who this male may be please contact the Fort St. John RCMP or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Armed Robbery suspect caught… May 22, 2019
- Full Category 2 fire ban takes affect Thursday… May 22, 2019
- More than 20,000 new homes underway for people throughout B.C. May 22, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 31, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 13.6°C May 23, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 30% May 22, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 22. POP 40% May 22, 2019
- Thursday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 40% May 22, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High 22. May 22, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low 8. May 22, 2019
- Saturday: Sunny. High 18. May 22, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low plus 5. May 22, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 24. May 22, 2019