Site C Construction Schedule: October 26 to November 8
The following construction activities are scheduled to occur October 26 to November 8:
- The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s contractor for the public road improvements will continue work on 240 Road and 269 Road.
- The worker accommodation contractor will continue site preparation for the camp, including installation of utilities and other infrastructure. Modular units for the camp will be transported to the dam site.
- Clearing, excavation and road construction will continue on the north bank of the dam site.
- Excavation will occur in the vicinity of the Peace River as part of the construction of the temporary Peace River construction bridge and road.
- Preparation work may begin for a temporary bridge across the Moberly River and docks on both shores of the dam site.
- Quarry operations will continue in Wuthrich and West Pine quarries.
- Clearing and other work will continue on the south bank of the dam site around access roads and to prepare the area for construction of the temporary Peace River construction bridge. Construction and upgrades of the south bank access roads will continue. Construction of the new rail siding is continuing.
- Work will occur on the south bank transmission lines to accommodate future construction.
- Road maintenance activites will continue on the south bank petroleum development roads.
- Installation of security gates, fences and guard buildings will occur at the dam site.
- Installation of a new 25 kV distribution line will occur along public roads on the north bank. During this period, some clearing will continue.
Please note that all activities listed in this construction bulletin are based on the latest information in our construction plan and are subject to change.
What to Expect
While this work takes place, local area residents can expect the following:
- There will be additional truck traffic in the area as construction crews mobilize to the Site C dam site, the hauling of rock and timber continues, and as modular camp units are transported to site. This will include increased industrial traffic on the resource roads from Chetwynd leading to the construction site on the south bank of the dam site.
- While road improvements are made to 240 Road and 269 Road, motorists can expect to encounter traffic control personnel, minor traffic delays and single-lane alternating traffic.
- Early morning and/or night shifts may be scheduled, in addition to shifts on the weekends.
- Some noise and dust will occur in the vicinity of the dam site and along public roads as a result of the scheduled construction activities.