Taylor, BC: A driver of a dump truck was issued a violation ticket Friday morning after failing to keep the vehicle in its own lane causing a four vehicle crash…
The incident occurred at 6:45 am in Taylor on the Alaska Highway where construction is currently taking place. A dump truck was heading southbound and three other vehicles were headed northbound through the construction zone.
The dump truck was crowding the center line and crossing it causing the first two northbound vehicles to drive off the steep shoulder as shown in the photos. The third northbound vehicle was sideswiped by the dump truck.
No one was injured in the accident.
The dump truck driver was issued a violation ticket for Failing to Keep Right.
Below are some simple rules to follow in construction zones:
There will be a lot of construction zones throughout Fort St. John and area this summer. Be safe by obeying these simple rules:
Know the work zone signs. Orange warning signs are there to help you and other drivers move safely through roadway construction zones.
Obey flaggers. Flaggers are trained to move traffic safely through work zones, so pay attention to their direction.
Obey posted speed limits. Speeding through work zones is a major cause for accidents and injuries.
Pay attention for reduced speed limits and slow down.
Pay attention to other drivers and objects. Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and traffic barriers, trucks, construction equipment and workers.
Stay focused and avoid distractions. Do not use cell phones or text while driving. Avoid eating and other activities which may take your focus from the road.
Expect the unexpected. Stay alert for lane or road surface changes, possible mobile work zones and erratic driver behaviour.
Keep your cool and be patient. Work zones are necessary to improve the roads for everyone and to meet community needs.
- Pack-A-PC event a huge success once again… December 10, 2018
- Man found unresponsive in parking lot of local pub… December 10, 2018
- Police investigating Attempted Sexual Assault… December 10, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 3, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -0.2°C December 11, 2018
- Tuesday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. December 11, 2018
- Tuesday night: Chance of flurries. Low zero. POP 40% December 11, 2018
- Wednesday: Clearing. High plus 2. December 11, 2018
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 3. December 11, 2018
- Thursday: Sunny. High plus 1. December 11, 2018
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 5. December 11, 2018
- Friday: Cloudy. High zero. December 11, 2018
- Friday night: Clear. Low minus 2. December 11, 2018